From:
Jerrie Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 02:20:58 -0500
I'm with Gene.  The advertiser has a range in mind.  It would save them and
the applicant a great deal of time and angst if that range was posted.  I've
been on selection committees where (against my recommendation that we not
ask for salary requirements or history, it was) applicants were not
contacted because they had priced themselves out of the running.

Jerrie

Jerrie Clarke
Curator of Collections
Valdez Museum