From:
Jay Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:44:20 -0600
Educational Overnight Program Supervisor

The Wisconsin Maritime Museum is seeking a full-time person to supervise the
increasingly popular USS COBIA Overnight Program, an educational program
aboard the World War Ii submarine USS COBIA.  The Overnight Supervisor is
responsible for running the program under the direction of the Museum’s
Education Coordinator.  Duties include working the overnights and
recruiting, training, scheduling, and supervision part-time overnight staff.
  The Overnight Supervisor will also assist the Education Coordinator in
scheduling daily Tour Guides and in the daily operation of the Museum.

Minimum qualifications include:  effective oral and written communication
skills; ability to manage people through motivation and direct supervision;
ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers,
and the public; computer proficiency; an ethusiastic and energetic approach
to museum education.  Experience in maritime history and/or historic ship
interpretation is desired.  The position requires weekend hours and offers a
flexible weekday schedule and excellent benefits.

The Wisconsin Maritime Museum is the only AAM accredited maritime museum on
the Great Lakes.  Send cover letter, resume, and three references to
Education Coordinator Dana Schaar at Wisconsin Maritime Museum, 75 Maritime
Drive, Manitowoc, WI 54220.  Interviews begin on March 23.