From:
Kate Hogue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 1972 00:45:07 +0000
Dear Bill:

The following list is one we used for a handout at a session on exhibits for small budgets at a TX Assn of Museums Conference a few years back. It may be of help to you or others looking for traveling exhibits.  Most of these are humanity related, but two that you might want to
check into are the annual Nikon Small World Competition exhibit (information below), and Johnson Space Center which also has a lot of panel exhibits, models and space suit exhibits (http://www.jsc.nasa.gov/pao/exhibits/).

We are also going to be traveling a small 2-d exhibit on the Peruvian Amazon in the near future.  Thank you for the information on your exhibits.

Kate Hogue, Curator
John E. Conner Museum
Kingsville, Tx.  78363

Texas Historical Commission
Assistant Director of Publications
PO Box 12276
Austin, TX  78711-2276
512-463-7024

Texas Council for the Humanities
Texas Humanities Resource Center
Resource Coordinator
3809 South 2nd St, Banister Place A
Austin, TX  78704
512-441-0288 ext 136
www.public-humanities.org

Texas Commission on the Arts
PO Box 13406
Austin, TX  78711-3406
512-463-5535
www.arts.state.tx.usa (select touring)

Texas Fine Arts Association
3809 B   W. 35th
Austin, Tx  78703
512-453-5312

Harry Ransom Humanities Research Center
University of Texas at Austin
PO Box 7219
Austin, Tx  78713-7219
512-471-8944

Institute of Texan Cultures
Traveling Exhibits Coordinator
PO Box 1226
San Antonio, TX  78294
800-776-7651

Museum Of New Mexico
Traveling Exhibits Coordinator
TREX: Traveling Exhibitions Program
PO Box 2087
Santa Fe, NM   87503
505-827-6331

Oklahoma Museum Associations
Traveling Arts and Humanities Exhibits
Kirkpatrick Center
2100 NE 52nd St.
Oklahoma City, OK  73111
405-424-1407

Also check:
State Offices of Parks and Wildlife, Dept. of Agriculture, Area Colleges and Universities.

National and Regional Offices of National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management, Dept. of Agriculture, National Archives, Library of Congress and other federal agencies.

Blair-Murrah Exhibitions
Vintage Hill Orchard
Hostetter Road
Sibley, MO  64088
816-249-9400

Exhibits USA
Mid-America Arts Alliance
912 Baltimore Av, Suite 700
Kansas City, MO  64105
800-473-3872
www.maaa.org

Smithsonian Institute Traveling
Exhibits Service (SITES)
Rm. 3146
1100 Jefferson Dr. SW
Washington, D C  20560
202-357-3168

Nikon Inc.
Nikon International Small Word Competition
Roundhouse/Earle Palmer Brown Public Relations
Stamford Landing
Stamford, CT
203-705-9234
www.nikonusa.com

George Eastman House
International Museum of Photography and Film
900 East. Av
Rochester, NY  14607
716-271-3361 ext 382
www.it.rit.edu/~gehouse