From:
Sue Huitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 May 2001 09:30:42 -0500
In the 1970s, Illinois had a governor who tried to cut everything
that was not bringing in revenue or that was not in the eye of the
public. This sounds like the same situation. It appeals to the
anti-intellectual and tax-cutting crowd. Mentioning how this research
and education of professionals impacts museum patrons may be your
best persuader.
Sue Huitt