From:
Leonard Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 10:51:50 EST
Terry,

Let me add. I moved to DC after college to do my Internship. I had no idea
that the competition was so stringent.

I finally got a really great job at Mt. Vernon. Do not hesitate to send
resumes to any job that you think you may qualify for. You never know that an
opening may pop up at just the right time for you. Its a numbers game.

Also check the sources mentioned and also tell all people you contact that
you are looking for work. Also a very good way to get into many jobs is to
volunteer. Then it will be easier to keep your ear to the grapevine in case
any openings come up.

I have found that there are many people in the museum field who have been
where you are now, and they will do what they can to help you.

best of luck!
Leonard