From:
Geri Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:25:48 -0500
Trainer -- Art Handling Training Program

Send resume and cover letter to Geri Thomas, President, Thomas & Associates,
Inc., through http://www.artstaffing.com or fax to 212.625.2514.

For our popular art handling training program for museums, we're looking to
add another experienced art handler/preparator with expertise in packing and
crating to join our expanding national team.  Our ideal candidate has the
savvy to communicate their skills to all levels of professional museum staff
in one and two-day hands-on workshops held across the country.  Our
standards are high and you must have knowledge of the latest archival
materials and an understanding of current trends in packing, crating and
conservation/preservation methods.  At least 5 years experience working in a
museum or fine arts shipping environment with art handling knowledge of all
categories of objects:  textiles, works on paper, photography, painting,
sculpture, furniture, etc.  Previous experience as a teacher/trainer and
knowledge of archival framing and working with mounts a plus. Excellent
interpersonal skills required. Next sessions begin in the Midwest and East
Coast in March 2001.  Generous day or project fees and paid travel expenses.