From:
Dominique Rogers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:00:38 -0000
You are going to need a safe storing area for chemicals and
good extraction facilities, sink(s), benches/tables but perhaps you
should leave your conservator-to-be to decide.  It would probably
save you money in the long run.
Dominique Rogers BSc (hons) Conservation Restoration

Hello everyone!
I am seeking for information on the basic equipment/ instrument for a
conservation lab.
My museum would like to set up a small conservation laboratory (about
6m*8m) in the collection department for general archaeological and
ethnographic artifacts cleaning, repairing or restoring treatment. However,
we haven't hired a professional conservator yet to involve in the
laboratory planning project. Also, we are not familiar with what kind of
conservation instruments is needed for a conservator or technician. If
anyone knows the information on conservation lab instruments (e.g.. fume
hood, stereomicroscope, scales, etc) I would appreciate the information.
Thank you very much!

Chian-Jin Yeh
Research Assistant
National Museum of Prehistory Planning Bureau
No. 253, Tie-hua Rd.
Taitung 950, Taiwan
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

 The Museum-L FAQ file is located at http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The bo
dy of the message should read "help" (without the quotes).