From:
Pat McElyea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 14:03:00 -0600
I have just received an email from a gentleman with an antique
telescope.  He is looking for information concerning the maker and the
objects age.  I have included his description below. The maker's name
engraved on the side is "James W. Queens & Co. Philadelphia, PA".   He
included several digital photos of the item but I don't want to clog up
everyone's email with them.  If you thinks you could help out I will be
glad to forward them.  Any help anyone could provide would be great!!!

~~~~~~~~~Attachment~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have attached 5 photos of the Telescope to this email. I will have to
do
the Spinning wheel later today or tomorrow. I am getting a round of
auctions
ready to start today. I know some people that are very knowledgeable in
Binoculars and microscopes but they do not know about this Telescope. It
is
just over 5ft long when fully extended, soldered together with what
looks
like lead as you see on the cap. There are 5 sections all together. I
think
it is made of steel and plated with brass, some of this plating has worn

off. I believe it is quite old and definitely a rarity.
Thank you for taking the time to review the photos. I can always take
more.
I took the whole thing apart and cleaned the glass, I think there are 5
lenses in all.

--
Patricia McElyea
Curator of Collections