From:
Jenny Yearous <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 09:35:11 -0500
Collections Care Costs

Hi all, Since I work in a state agency, we recently had to deal with budget
hearings and we needed facts and figures to justify that we really do need
more money (don't we all).  One of the figures we came up with is that we
spend about $0.01 / year per object for collections management /
conservation materials and needs, not including staff salaries.  This just
struck me as being incredibly low figure.  I was wondering if anyone else
out there has a similar statistic that they would be willing to share.  Are
we in line with the rest of the world?

Thank for your input

Jenny Yearous
Curator of Collections Management
State Historical Society of North Dakota