From:
Julie Levy-Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:04:02 -0500
As the saying goes- I am posting this for a co-worker, please respond to her.

Thanks
Julie Levy-Weston
Mich State Univ. Museum

*******
From: Michele Beltran  email "[log in to unmask]"

Dear Colleagues:

I am in the process of working on an exhibition for 2002 on the subject of
"Tall Tale" postcards. The exhibition will include examples of postcards that
utilize exaggeration and photographic tricks to achieve humorous effects.

One section of the exhibit contains general tall tale oddities, including
"mythological" creatures like the jackalope and the fur-bearing trout. We are
interested in using taxidermy specimens that illustrate this point, in
particular the two that I have mentioned. I have seen mounted jackalope and
fur-bearing trout and could purchase them as a last resort, but we want to
attempt borrowing them first.

If anyone out there would be interested in lending their pieces to us (the time
period would run from around November 2001 - October, 2002), please contact me
directly. Also, if you are aware of other specimens of this sort (preferably
with corresponding postcards), I would love to know about them. Thank you so
much in advance for your help.

Best wishes,

Michele Beltran
Coordinator