From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 13:21:50 -0700
Yes--and we're getting way off tract here--but, as my
wonderful writing instructor taught me long ago,
"Write to communicate, not to impress."

If your reader has to stop to look up words in order
to understand you, you're most probably not
communicating.  You may be caught up in in the
parlance of your aspect of the trade, but don't let
the lingo-ese get in your way of getting your message
out.

Now, we shouldn't be critiquing the quality of each
other's posts but rather the content of their
messaging.

So here's my suggestion for the next time:  If you
operate in a pretty narrow window, with language that
is oh-so clear in your world, but less apt to be known
by those extraneous to your field, define terms you
think may be knew to the audience in general.

Then we will not have to play the pissy little umbrage
game and can get on with answering your questions or
responding to your needs.

=====
Indigo Nights