Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:06:56 -0600
I would like to know if other museums have policies about posting pictures
of visitors on their web sites, particularly pictures of children. My museum
does not have a sign anywhere telling people that they may be photographed
while in the museum and that those photographs may end up in the quarterly
museum newsletter or on the web site. In the case I am thinking of, we do
not know who the children are so of course we have no signed releases from
parents or guardians. As you can probably tell, I am uncomfortable with
plastering some child's picture on the web without parental knowledge or
approval. Also, are there any legal considerations here?

Thanks for your help.
Bobbie Scott