From:
Siobhan Starrs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:43:24 -0500
Just curious if anyone knows of a museum that has ever had an exhibit about El Nino or about Earth Sciences. I am on an exhibit team developing a new exhibit space about Earth Sciences and one of our initial "stories" will be about El Nino. I would be very interested in contacting other museums who might have tackled either of these topics before. Also, I would be happy to talk with any museums that might be interested in this type of exhibit. Our display is being designed as an adaptable template that other museums could adopt to meet their exhibit needs. Some of the elements it will incorporate are near real-time data and imagery, computer interactives, objects from the Smithsonian's Natural History collections, and a plasma screen display.

Siobhan Starrs
Forces of Change Program
National Museum of Natural History
p: 202/357-4680/ f: 202/786-2567