From:
"Timothy S. Bottoms @ Cape Fear Museum" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:43:33 -0500
Marie,

Cape Fear Museum's Image Archive Collection was created so we would have a
home for images copied from individuals who wished to share their photos
with the museum without giving up the originals.  We have an Image Archive
Contract that grant CFM permission to make the image available to
outsiders.  The contract also states that CFM understands the owner "does
not transfer legal and beneficial title nor copyright and literary rights
associated with the photograph(s)/graphic image(s)."  We then ask the
individual if they want to place any restrictions on the image (there is
space to write restrictions on the back of the contract).  Finally, the
contract makes it clear that we will, unless restricted, make the image
available to "other educational projects, researchers, nonprofit
institutions and/or for-profit organizations."  In our Image Reproduction
Policy we have a list of fees for various uses from broadcast use to
publication to business decoration, etc.

Let me know if you would like me to send you copies of our Image Archive
Contract and Image Reproduction Policy as e-mail attachments.

Good luck!

Tim
__________________
Timothy S Bottoms
Registrar
Cape Fear Museum
814 Market Street
Wilmington, NC  28401-4731
Phone: (910) 341-4350 ext. 3011
Fax: (910) 341-4037

Rogers Historical Museum <[log in to unmask]>@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM> on
01/17/2001 04:51:32 PM

Please respond to Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  Museum discussion list <[log in to unmask]>