From:
Heather Price <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:15:28 -0500
Annmarie,

The Ella Sharp Museum is an art and local history museum located in
Jackson, Michigan.

We offer birthday parties as a result of a number of requests for
them.  We charge $150 ($125 for members) for a 2-hour party.  The
maximum number of children is 15 (with a minimum of two accompanying
adults), recommended ages are 4-12.  The fee includes an art or
history teacher "host" who greets the children and presents a 20- to
30-minutes "make & take" art or history activity, the materials needed
for the "make & take," room setup and clean up, ice, and admission to
the museum for all the guests for the day.

Parents provide any refreshment, paper cups & plates, etc., other
activities (games, clown, magician, etc.), other decorations.

We handle it through our Facility Rental department, rather than
Education, because we have structured it as a money-making activity
rather than an educational one.  The person who handles the facility
rentals books the room, schedules the teacher, informs the maintenance
staff, and makes all the arrangements with the parent.  We encourage
theme parties, and coordinate the "make & take" with that theme.

The party is held in our art classrooms, so no one worries about mess.

If you'd like to send me your address, I will send you a copy of the
little brochure we produced in-house that we send to interested
parents.

Heather Price
Ella Sharp Museum
http://www.ellasharp.org/