From:
Brian Shay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 00:02:20 -0500
Dear Listers,

My name is Brian Shay, and I am a Masters Candidate in Museum Science at
Texas Tech University.

I am currently involved in a research project to clarify and upgrade the
Curatorial Guidelines for Archeological Repositories for the State of Texas.
We are comparing the original guidelines to 36 CFR 79 and any state or
institutional guidelines.  The main premise of the project is to bring the
state repositories up to museum standards for the storage and care of
archeological artifacts and their associated documents.

We are trying to establish a comparative database of national, state and
institutional guidelines to base our recommendations for change.  Any
assistance that you would be able to offer in this endeavor would be
ardently appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,
Brian Shay

Graduate Assistant