From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 14:06:05 -0400
Museums Council of New York City
Meeting Notice

Place:  Wave Hill, Independence Ave & West 249th Street, Riverdale, the Bronx
        (718) 549-3200

Date:   Thursday, October 19, 2000

Time:   5:00 Sharp- Bus leaves from steps of Metropolitan Museum.
Reservations required (see      contact info below).
        5:45- Wine and Cheese reception, Welcome by Kate French, Executive Director
        6:15 - Talk and Gallery Tour by Jennifer McGregor, Visual Arts Curator
        7:00 - Buffet supper and Annual Meeting

Wave Hill is a 28-acre public garden and cultural institution overlooking
the Hudson River and the Palisades.  Internationally known for the beauty of
its gardens and vistas, Wave Hill offers visitors opportunities to explore
their connections with the natural world through programs in the arts and
sciences.

"generated@wavehill," curated by Jennifer McGregor, is a series of
site-specific projects by artists working with students.  The exhibition
includes an indoor installation of works based upon the structure, form, or
cultural meanings of plants in the newly-renovated Glyndor Gallery.  There
are also evocative and beautiful works installed on the grounds and in the
historic Wave Hill House.

On a personal note, I worked at Wave Hill for nearly a decade, and this is
the absolute best time to see the meticulous and diverse gardens.  The view
of the Palisades turning fall colors is not to be missed so I hope that you
can join us.

The Museums Council of New York City was founded sixty years ago.  There are
now 98 member institutions, virtually all of the City's not for profit
museums.  We publish a comprehensive directory of our member museums'
programs and staff.  Several times each year we meet at museums large and
small to get an insiders view of the museums' work and to build a sense of
community among the City's museums.  Participation in meetings is open to
all levels of staff and Board, as well as people who work in industries such
as exhibition design, not for profit services, etc.

The evening costs $25/participant.  If you wish to take the bus from the
Metropolitan Museum, there is a $5.00 charge round-trip.  Please mail your
payment by Oct 11 to:

Amy Fischetti
Queens County Farm Museum
73-50 Little Neck Parkway
Floral Park, NY 11004.

Or call her to make a reservation at (718) 347-3276 x 13 if your check will
not be there by Oct 16. If you make a reservation and do not come, you must
still reimburse the Council.  Remember to identify yourselves and note
whether you will be taking the bus.

Please include your name and institution represented.

We look forward to seeing you.

Eric Siegel
Chairman, Museums Council of New York City
Director, Planning & Program Development
New York Hall of Science
www.nyhallsci.org

IMPORTANT NOTE:

We are broadening the use of email to contact individuals and institutions
about Museums Council of New York City meetings. You will receive e-mailings
no more frequently than once each month. If you would like to be removed
from this list, please contact me directly by replying to this message.  If
you have any questions, also feel free to email me.