From:
Tania Said <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 22:39:28 -0400
Hello,

It's been awhile since I have been on the museum list or posted to it, but
now I need to ask you a question.

Is anyone out there aware of museum education departments that have taken
Spanish language classes together as a method of improving job skills and
eventually creating a program to serve a local need and/or audience
interest?  My office is considering establishing such a class as a pilot
project to not only learn Spanish, but more importantly use the time to
meet with various community representatives to help build our awareness of
the needs and interests of the Latino and Spanish-speaking publics served
by the museum.

Thanks for your feedback.

Best,

Tania Said
Community Services Manager
Smithsonian Center for Education and Museum Studies