From:
"Gibson, Cecelia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:52:42 -0500
 I believe it is impossible to plan for all contingencies and the truth is
you don't know what questions people will ask until they ask them.  If the
docent or tour guide doesn't feel that they know the answer I think it is
better, for the museums image, for them to say "I'm sorry, I don't know the
answer to that" and try to find the answer, than telling the patron
something that may not be true.
Just my opinion,
Cecelia Gibson
Assistant Registrar