From:
"Stephen G.Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:53:56 EDT
**with apologies for ignorance**

what the heck does interoperability mean and what on earth is a metadata
vocabulary?

>Part of their
> research includes the investigation of a conceptual model for
> interoperability among community-specific metadata vocabularies. Towards
> this end both the ABC model and the CIDOC Conceptual Reference Model will
> be evaluated with the goal being to articulate the relationship between
> these two models and their intended uses.

Huh?

If you are trying to create interest in the community may I suggest you start
first by using terms with accepted/standard/(any) meaning? Recently I've also
encountered such gems as post-genome and post-global. Why must we learned folk
try so hard to verbalize ourselves into oblivion?
I'm sure your project and its goals are worthy. Just a pet peeve, and it's
been a long day.

Steve

http://www.cimi.org/