From:
Christian Trabue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 11:50:25 EDT
I am actually horrified by the thought that I could be the laughing stock of
the lunch hour because I asked for advice on how to pursue a job in the
museum field.  When I asked my professors what they thought I should do they
told me that I should go to the *only* art museum in my city and ask for
advice.  However, when I called the museum they told me that no one there
could help.  Finally, without much direction, I applied for several jobs and
was not called in for an interview.  Shortly thereafter, I found th MUSEUM-L
list and asked for advice.  The advice that I was offered here was extremely
helpful and has been put to good use.  When you say that you did not have
the luxury of using the internet to find a job (or to get help with a thesis
topic) it implies that you hold it against those who do have the luxury of
using it.  Should we deny ourselves these things because others did not have
the use of them?
Finally, I would like to say that this has been a very educational
discussion.  I love the MUSEUM-L list and I will continue to watch the
debates and discussions.  However, I think this will be the last message
that I will post for a very long time--at least until I have a full time job
and can contribute to the "answer" postings instead of the "question"
postings.
C. Trabue