From:
Harold Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:30:03 -0400
Well said, Walter.

I certainly don't think of myself as "blind" but my field of acute vision is
only 5% and my night vision is long gone. You won't see me tapping my way
through your galleries with my white cane, but I sure do appreciate the
kinds of features "universal design" implies  - and, as you point out, there
are lots and lots of visitors who appreciate such thoughtfulness.

You are right on the mark - all this is nothing more nor less than good
design. Incredible, the number of bad designers around, wot?

Harry

" When Eve upon the first of Men
  The apple press'd with specious cant,
  Oh! What a thousand pities then
  That Adam was not Adamant!"

               -  Thomas Hood (1799-1842) "A Reflection"

Harry Needham, M.A., CFE, etc.
President
Harry Needham Consulting Services Inc.
Training & consulting services for heritage institutions - and others!
74 Abbeyhill Drive
Kanata, Ontario K2L 1H1
Canada
email: [log in to unmask]