From:
Cheryl Maslin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2000 20:46:40 -0700
Ditto, Geri-

From my experience, concrete is hard on the feet for both security and
staff, as well as visitors- which means, our visitors won't be staying
as long as they might if they are tired out too soon.  Might want to
consider having cushioned seating with back support for those persons
who require rest stops during their stay.

Hard wood floors are "softer" than concrete, much easier to care for
than carpeting, and make the gallery space seem warner and more humane;
basically making the exhibitions even more appealing.

Another note, depending upon the kind of carpet, there could be untold
chemicals in the fabric that are poisonous to humans and quite possibly
harmful to the objects on display.

best

Cheryl Maslin