From:
Trent Litchfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:12:09 -0500
In addition to working on my MA in public history I am the president of a
local computer company.  We do not mind helping local organizations during
tough times for example, when the local YMCA had storm damage to its
network.  They were very much in need and we helped them with a major
financial problem.  However, when they need something small that they can
easily afford they expect to pay for the services.  I think the shovels are
something small that the organization can afford.  If non-profits are always
free-loading off of the community then they soon become unwelcome visitors
to local businesses.  Why use up your favors over little things like shovels
when you may really need the help in the future.  You might see if you could
get the shovels at cost.  There is no excuse for ask for something for free
if you can easily afford it

Trent Litchfield
Murray State University.