From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2000 16:58:41 +1300
Glyn,

For the record,  I am not antagonistic towards anyone in relation to this
issue.  Having worked in ICOM committees myself I KNOW the demands that they
place upon individuals.  That said, this is a very important issue and one
that is worthy of debate.

Until now (unless you are an ICOM member) our colleagues may not be fully
aware of the ramifications of this initiative.

As to the ORDER of the message placements, they are as they came to me, and
as listed in Global Museum's Forum section. BOTH sides of the debate are
fairly represented in my postings and listed in full, as they were sent.

Glyn, despite the hard work by all concerned, not everyone in the profession
shares the desire to have domain names allocated/controlled in this fashion.
Surely, they have a right to be heard and in all honesty, I don't believe
that there is a general awareness that this initiative applies to several
domains not just one.

best wishes
Roger

Read Global Museum - 77 countries, FREE online subscription, the very latest
in International News,
Views, Vacancies,Virtual Mall, Travel Service, Resources and more!
http://www.globalmuseum.org