From:
Dave Paiz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 11:48:08 -0700
Andie-

I don't know about the requirements for children's museum positions, but as
far as anthro. is concerned it really depends on the position you are
looking for, your familiarity with the specific region you are applying in,
and the cultural materials associated with that region.  As a Liberal Arts
major, I'm guessing that you probably took a couple of courses in the anthro
department.

Most anthropology/archaeology museums look for a minimum of an anthro or
archaeology BA just to get your foot in the door, but they make make
exceptions if you have volunteer or internship experience in a specific
area, or if you can demonstrate a strong familiarity based on
self-education.

Hope this helps....

Dave Paiz
Museum/Curatorial Assistant