From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 20:06:12 -0700
I use them for personal enrichment.  In many
instances, they allow me to explore museums that, in
the short span of a lifetime and even shorter span of
a wallet, I may never be able to experience otherwise.
 They allow me to connect to the world's marvels and
to personally claim them--if only for a few
minutes--as my own.

I use them for educational tools for the youth I
mentor online.  I send the links I gather here to high
schoolers to expand their minds and enhance their
studies.

I use them to enrich the time I spend with my
grandchildren and teach them to love museums as does
Grandma.  Together, we can visit new worlds, examine
new concepts, talk about history they have only begun
to comprehend.

They get so excited when we see new sites.

As a fellow Angeleno, thank you for the work LACMA is
doing and, for the sake of the rest of us who enjoy
what you do so much, here's hoping there is no need
for a strike!

--- "Pezalla-Granlund, Margaret" <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Here's a really basic question for the list. Why do
> you think people are
> interested in searching museum collections
> (especially art collections)
> online?

=====
Indigo Nights