From:
Dave Paiz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 16:12:40 -0700
Andie-

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with anthro. I myself just graduated
from the UA last December. Who was the prof. if you don't mind me asking?  I
will understand if you don't want to name names.

Unfortunately, there are no paid positions open (at the CAP Repository)
right now.  Rather than internships, we usually hire undergrad and grad
students on a part-time basis. Based on what you said in your initial post,
I am not sure that this is a place you would want to work anyway.  This is
not the museum proper, but a repository, an artifact storage facility which
is a more behind-the-scenes type of place.  My apologies if I assume too
much, but you sound like you are interested in a more outgoing position that
involves working with the public.

For future reference, you may want to check out the UA Job Vacancies (hint:
search the non-faculty positions) web page at:
http://hr2.hr.arizona.edu/jobvacan.htm

also, there are additional anthro/arch job listings on the Southwestern
Archaeology web site at: http://www.swanet.org/jobs.html

Although most of the positions are for archaeological fieldwork, there are
occasional listings for museum positions and there are also a fair number of
anthro-related links as well.

Good Luck!

Dave Paiz, Museum/Curatorial Assistant
Arizona State Museum