From:
Audra Oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 16:21:57 -0600
I can offer no cheap ideas or new ideas on exhibit fabrication.  You have
two months.  Select your artifacts.  Find your sources. Write your text.
Look at big changes for down the road when you have the time.  (I once had
four months to open an entire museum - and we managed to do two exhibits,
one that was fully interpreted (housekeeping because I could see, looking
past exhibit cases, over boxes of poorly packed, uncataloged, artifacts that
we had sufficient items to build an exhibit on that theme.)  Fortunately I
found two books that allowed me to build an interesting theme into it.
Really, it proved far more successful than I thought because virtually every
visitor relates to it.

You can pull this together, but I wouldn't think too much about snazzy
techniques when you have all the rest to do in two months.