From:
Shirley Albright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 14:56:37 -0400
Dear John:

You may wish to revise your admission policy.  You've got a couple of possibilities:
1.  Charge the full amount right up until the incoming doors are locked by security.  Anyone arriving 30 minutes before closing would be "forewarned" by security or a receptionist that little visitation time remains.  Then the visitor could make the choice.  (I've been known to
"rush" through a museum with 15 minutes left on the clock simply because I knew I wouldn't get back there the next day!).
2.  Charge a reduced rate after some prescribed time.   This may not eliminate the practice you have described but it may put a crimp in it.   Sounds like the tour bus company is exploiting your facility.   If you know how to contact them you may want to notify them in advance
(tactfully, of course) of your changes in policy.

Good luck!
Shirley Albright
Assistant Curator of Natural History
New Jersey State Museum