From:
Lynne K Ranieri <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:32:11 -0400
        Our three-year-old historical society museum is in a former waiting
room at a local train station.  When it was being renovated for our use,
we had them install picture molding near the top of the very high
ceilings.  We were unsure of what was practical for hanging pictures and
now that I have been in there for a while, I see that the best things
are the rigid metal picture rods that we were given by another
historical society that wasn't using them any more.  They are very long,
narrow metal rods that have a hook on the top (to go over the molding)
and have an adjustable, sliding hook that holds the wire on the back of
the picture frame.
        The problem I have is that we were only given about six of them and I
need about six more.  I have searched the Internet, local fine art
stores, and catalogs but cannot find a source for them.  I was told, in
fact, that no one makes them any more.  Can any of the subscribers to
this list help me find a source for them?
        Many thanks

Lynne Ranieri
Millburn-Short Hills Historical Society
Short Hills, NJ