From:
Monica Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 15:01:02 -0400
If any of you are struggling to get your museum online, this is a great
opportunity to ask questions of other organizations who have managed to get
online with a small or nonexistent technology budget.

The Benton Foundation is pleased to be hosting a series of online
discussions with experts from the nonprofit technology assistance community.
Our first online discussion, to take place August 21 through August 25, will
be with Denise Joines, executive director of ONE/Northwest in Seattle.
Denise will discuss the "Seven Characteristics of an Online Organization,"
and be available throughout the week to answer your questions about adopting
online technologies into the workplace.

Whether your organization is already online and going strong or just trying
to get started, this discussion forum provides you an opportunity to ask
questions and share ideas with experts and other nonprofit staff. For
background reading in advance of the discussion, consider reading
"Seven Characteristics of an Online Organization."
<http://www.onenw.org/toolkit/online-organizations.html>

If you won't be available next week, forward your questions or comments to
<[log in to unmask]> and we'll post them for you. You can come back
later and visit the discussion archives. Otherwise, come join us at
<http://www.helping.org/nonprofit> August 21-25. See you there!

Please email me if you have any questions or would like more information.

Monica Williams
Benton Foundation