Melissa Heaver <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 15:51:47 -0400
The following message has come from a colleague of mine who is not on
Museum-L. Please e-mail her directly with your responses.

Thanks!

--------
  Hi. I am writing on behalf of the National Trust for Historic Preservation
and I was hoping someone out there could provide me with some information on
exhibit panels and fabricators within the Washington, DC area which would
produce them.

  The National Trust is currently interested in purchasing a custom built
exhibit display system to install along a main hallway at its national
headquarters in Washington, D.C.  We are looking for a firm to design wall
panels covered with a reusable fabric compatible with hook (Velcro)
fasterners, in addition to being durable enough to hang heavier framed
artifacts/objects.

  Due to the building's historical significance, it would be necessary that
the fabric covered panels be mounted with as little structural damage as
possible to the existing walls. Another obstacle to take into consideration
would be enclosing a set of roughly 8x5 feet permanent wall mirrors behind
the said panels.

  I would greatly appreciate any information anyone may be able to provide
in this matter.

Thanks,

Julie Schumaker

Exhibitions Coordinator
Historic Sites
National Trust for Historic Preservation
Washington, D.C.
202.588.6154