From:
Pamela Feltus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 15:16:26 -0400
This is terrible dishonest, but why not just omit the post 4:30 no-fee policy. Let your front desk people know that if real visitors come after that time, they can pretend to be making an exception and wave them in. I worked my way through graduate school at an admissions desk and that
is always what we did- admission until closing, but you always waved them through towards the end. Builds good will all around.
If the bus company complains, apologize, but they are using your facilities and there is a cost to that. Offer to arrange special tours for them if they can arrive earlier.  They are treating your museum like a rest stop, not a museum and that isn't the right message to be sending
out.  It might not seem the nice thing to do, but the bus drivers aren't being very nice telling their people not to stop in the shop either. Of course your shop is expensive- you have to cover all that free toilet paper you've been giving out!  It's all tit-for-tat.