From:
Pamela Feltus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:51:21 -0500
It amazes me how many of us have similar responses- I remember trying to see the King Tut show as a short 7-year-old. What I could see left a huge impression. And my local museum growing up- I think the Hartford Science Museum?- had a walk through the heart exhibit that I loved.
There must have been a kit that went to every science and children's museum in the 70s.

The greatest museum experience I've ever had was as a kid I went to Mystic Seaport for camp. We lived on one of the ships and had the run of the area. It was great! You felt like you owned the place and could really understand and possess the history. I learned more about history
and culture those few weeks than anywhere else. And even today when I visit, I still feel a sense of connection with the museum.

And as an adult, all of my favourite experiences have been seeing something I had read about or never seen before that fascinates me. As much as I loathe to say it, it is normally the stuff over the design or exhibit that mostly leaves the big impression.