From:
Edwin Steiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 13:02:32 -0400
thanks for your creative thinking on this issue...i think it would be very helpful for the staff to have a designated meeting room - conference room, where we could meet without interruptions and conflicts [ classroom, tower, kitchen always have that potential   ]...this place could look nice and comfortable...water kettle, assortment of teas, table cloth etc...
folks could use it for business meetings, arts council, HS - reps etc., retreat space!
I came to the realization that for the past 3 years diane and I have been dealing with and shared our offices with a good number of people, and I began to start thinking along the lines of how nice it would be to have a personal, quiet and creative space of my own, a while back....
needless to say, I'm very much in support of this creative thought process..
peace, edwin

>>> Diane Fehon 07/12/00 02:30PM >>>
Picture this:  a staff meeting place that is private, cool in summer & warm in winter, and has access to a phone and a computer.  Imagine a table without a post in the middle, a door that doesn't lead to an elevator, and availability 24/7.  Does such a place exist?  Yes, my fellow staffers, it does.  It's Edwin's office!

How could this work?!? you ask.  If Edwin moves to the 3rd floor, the slides move to the stamp room, (stamps move to the Taj), and Devin maintains space in Edwin's office, then you have (voila!) the NEW STAFF MEETING ROOM.

Yes, I know, it has a few bugs to be worked out.  So, an alternative plan might be: the slides go into  the "student office" on the 3rd floor (in the space where the silver cabinets that hold flat artwork storage are now) and the silver cabinets go in the room that has the trapdoor steps.  And Devin could use the stamp room for an office if the stamps go to the Taj.  (Of course it would need to be hooked up with a phone and computer.)

The idea of a proper staff meeting room is tantalizing.  Isn't this a better way to use prime office space?

What do you think?
Diane