From:
Carol Reid <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 May 2000 08:50:50 -0400
although we do not have a policy to handle complaints, one thing we do to
ensure that there are fewer complaints is that when we acquire a collection,
be it uniforms, artwork or archival material (WWII letters etc) is that we
get to owners to sign over ownership, all rights existant and possible
future rights, to ourselves. Having complete ownership saves a lot of
headaches when someone tries to come back and challenge the use etc of the
artifacts or archives.

and as is always the case when dealing with the public, good judgement
should prevail (ie maybe digitizing Great Aunty Gertrude in the Nude and
putting her online is not such a good idea - then again it depends on the
picture!)

Carol Reid