From:
Felicia Pickering <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 12:15:04 -0400
As others have pointed out, I would suggest starting with the American
Anthropological Association.  Here is their website:  www.aaanet.org.  Look
for the link to the Council for Museum Anthropology, which is one of the
sections of the AAA.  I would check the CMA website for info. on definitions
- their  bylaws, etc. may be of some help.  I would also look at the journal
Museum Anthropology, which is the journal for the Council for Museum
Anthropology and publishes articles that could provide some examples of
recent types of research.  Another good place to look for research articles
is American Indian Art Magazine.

>>> Taryn Rucinski <[log in to unmask]> 05/08/00 07:19PM >>>
I am a graduate student and a new subscriber to the list and I was
wondering if anyone could point me in the proper direction regarding
museum
Anthropology. Specifically I am looking for a comprehensive definition and
some examples of recent research.... Can anyone help?
    Sincerely,
     Taryn Rucinski

The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/
. You may obtain detailed information about the listserv commands by sending
a one line e-mail message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the
message should read "help" (without the quotes).

. The body of the message should read "Signoff Museum-L" (without the
quotes).