From:
"Panza, Robin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 09:26:43 -0500
The Society for the Preservation of Natural History Collections (SPNHC,
pronounced "spinach") is a society devoted to collection management and
curation issues.  This sounds like what you want.  It's primary membership
is US and Canada (in that order), so should be applicable to your location.
Membership is inexpensive (although I can't remember how much at the
moment).  They have an annual meeting, this year in Nova Scotia, with a
meeting theme, this year about conservation of marine material.  Membership
includes a newsletter that often has such things as recent literature
reviews and bibliographies in addition to the regular "newsy" items.  It
also includes "Collection Forum", with articles on curation.

Robin

Robin K Panza                         [log in to unmask]
Collection Manager, Section of Birds          ph:  412-622-3255
Carnegie Museum of Natural History       fax: 412-622-8837
4400 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh  PA  15213-4008  USA