From:
Michael MacDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Mar 2000 12:24:03 -0500
Shoshanna,

We are cleaning out our bulk storeroom and we have a surplus shipping create that we are trying to get rid of.  We have to give it to someone or trash it.  The measurements are 45"x45"x25", it lays flat and one of the 45" sides opens up.  If you can use it or know of anybody in the area who might want it, it is here for the taking.  The only catch is that it has to be gone by tomorrow morning.  If you're interested please call me at 916-5137 x-283.

Thanks
Michael MacDonald
Museum Technician
Lyndon Baines Johnson Library and Museum

>>> SHOSHANNA LANSBERG <[log in to unmask]> 03/22/00 09:00AM >>>
I saw that certificate as well.  I am seriously considering it since I have relatives in New York and that would cut down the cost for me considerably.  I also personally believed that a certificate from NYU (a school with a lot of name recognition and respect) might bolster my chances.  Again however, I do agree with others who have said that a Master's is almost a given to get anywhere in this field and I think I'm going to pursue that option as well.

Shoshanna R. Lansberg
Project Assistant
Texas State History Museum Project
(512) 936-2309
(512) 475-4886

>>> [log in to unmask] 03/21/00 12:44PM >>>
I was also going to ask a similar question but mine has to do with a
one month intensive certificate program at NYU.  It focuses on arts
administration with courses in management, marketing, fundraising,
finanical management and the law.  How useful or helpful would a pprogram
like this be for a college gradute, hoping to get her foot in the door in
the museum field in NYC?