From:
Laura Petznick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:23:39 -0500
Ms. Maynard has requested info about open "ART" collections storage. I am
biased in terms of art, as I consider "decorative art" to be an integral
part of Art as a subject and discipline. Consequently, I would refer her and
all others interested in this subject to the wonderful new facility at
Historic Deerfield. The purpose-built storage facility is both secure and
open. The combination means that the collection is safe but very accessible
for close scrutiny by the public and by professionals.

Any art gallery would be well served to base their own "open storage"
facilities on Historic Deerfield's model. In effect, they have not only
produced organized storage space but also another gallery!

I hope that this helps.

Sincerely,
Laura W.S. Petznick, Ph.D.