From:
Alecia Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 15:39:43 -0700
I would like to send out a small survey that I hope
those of you who work at historic house museums will
take a moment to look through.

Historic Annapolis Foundation is currently trying to
increase the number of visitors that come to the
William Paca House and Garden. We are trying to get a
sense of the number of visitors we should be aiming
for, without incurring damage to the site.  We
currently receive approximately 22,000 visitors. Some
members of our Board and senior staff feel that this
number is VERY low, given that Annapolis receives
approximately 1 million visitors annually, and should
be GREATLY increased.

In order to better understand visitor trends at
historic houses, I would greatly appreciate it if you
would answer the five questions listed below.

1. What is the name of your site?

2. How many visitors do you receive annually?

3. Have your visitor numbers changed in recent years?
If so, why?

4. Approximately how many visitors come to your
town/city/metropolitan area?

5. What type of tour do you use to accomodate the
number of visitors you receive? (i.e. guided,
self-guided, docents in every room, etc.)

Thank you very much!!
Please feel free to respond on or off-line.

Alecia Parker
Historic Annapolis Foundation