From:
William Low <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:11:16 -0500
Diana,
I'm sorry to say I don't know where larger high density filter units are available but having done a fair amount of construction and painting before getting into gallery installation, I would warn against using a vacuum of any kind with drywall clean-up. It is amazingly pervasive
dust, very easy to blow around (vacuum exhaust) and sticks to everything (soles of shoes) - this stuff is a nightmare. I don't know what your situation is but if you're cleaning a floor and/or molding etc. I would recommend mopping and dusting as much as possible. If carpets then
use a wet-vac arrangement (carpet cleaner) with dehumidifiers if necessary.

Whenever we do any gallery work that involves drywall I hang plastic everywhere and mop constantly - air movers (hvac) will blow the dust all over the place. Have any painters doing the finish work to use wet rags instead of sandpaper on the seams. It works just as well as sandpaper
when done carefully and there is no dust.

Bill Low
Bates College Museum of Art