From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:25:16 -0800
My, my, my.  Some weeks I say nary a thing, and this
week things keep coming I can offer something about.
It seems here's another.

Couple of thoughts on this.  First, you might either
allow me to post your comments to the ADA-Law list, or
join it yourself and ask this point there among some
of the advocates in the disabled community who would
be more than happy to give you input.

Let me know which option you choose.  I will save your
note if you want it posted.

In the interim, here is a survey put together by a
doctor, now blind, in a wheel chair, and suffering
from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, about what the
needs of the disabled are.  It might help you to look
at access issues in a different light.  He composed
the list; I simply put it online for him to help
others understand.

http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414/law/survey.html

You may also wish to go to the EEOC website, which is
in the Employment Topics section of my employment web
site, on the left side, toward the bottom.

http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414/

You should be cognizant of the fact that the
"disability army" is becoming quite militant about
such access issues, and I'm glad you are making the
effort to find out.

Hope these help.

--- Rebecca Conner Nemeth <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Dear Museum-L folks,
>
> I am researching the relationship between historic
> house museums and the Americans with Disabilities
> Act
> and would appreciate your advice.  I have found
> excellent sources for the text of the act and
> interpretation of it, and how museums in general
> have
> adapted within their means to assist those with
> mobility, visual, hearing and mental/emotional
> impairments.

=====
Indigo Nights