Hello everyone,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to warmly invite you to join us this evening live from NYC via Zoom (7pm ET / 4pm PT) for our weekly free and interactive tour.

#121 Considering Art: Considering Costumes - featuring urgent work by Omar Ba.

Dividing his time between Dakar and Geneva, Omar Ba’s (he/him) combines African and European histories to address global systems of power and inequality. In his deeply personal and politically conscious work, Ba tackles issues of conflict, immigration and ecological change that shape our daily reality. In Ba's intricate compositions, symbols, patterns and textures inspired by traditional Senegalese ornaments are combined to create a singular artistic expression; episodes of violence play out in dreamlike surreal scenes in which animals morph into humans, and humanity's moral decay is overtaken by the power of the natural world.

In this tour, we embark on some close looking.

Together we ask: What do you see?

Register below for your e-TICKET(s)

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/558830175097

All the very best,

Matthew

You make this.

https://considering.art

***

Up next.

MAR 08 | #122 Considering Art : Considering Forces | Igshaan Adams

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/568413920337

***

About your facilitator:

mark (they/them) To date, their work informs cultural strategy at Arts Council UK, the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC History, BBC Learning and BBC Radio), the Beaney Museum, Canterbury City Council, GOV.UK, Kent County Council, the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Tate Galleries, Artists Space, Bureau of General Services Queer Division, The LGBT Community Center NYC, MAPP International, The New School, The New York Public Library, Village Alliance Inc, Volta Art Fair, International Olympic Committee and the Tokyo 2020/21 and Paris 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games. mark is a proud member of the LGBTQIA2S+ community and an advocate for the transformative power of art and culture for all.

***

Together - Let's take another look.

Learning & Teaching Resources

Incomplete BLM Reading List | Curated Bookshelf

Get Social - we love hearing from you - you make this

Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn

We are excited to meet you.

https://considering.art

Considering.Art™
Your voice. Your idea.

The contents of this email message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) and may contain confidential and/or privileged information and may be legally protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message or their agent, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply email and then delete this message and any attachments. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, copying, or storage of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.

https://HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM/scripts/wa-HOME.exe?SUBED1=MUSEUM-L&A=1