This Week In Global Museum | The #1 Museum Site For Museum News, Museum Jobs, Museum Resources & More!

Celebrating 27 Years Of Dedication & Service To The Museum Profession.  See The Latest Stories & Jobs Here www.globalmuseum.org.

**  Just How Safe Is Great Art?
A museum-security expert admits that “it’s pretty darn hard to protect a painting from somebody throwing a can of soup at it.”

**  The American Alliance of Museums Will Require Members to Aim for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Their Workforce
For the first time in 20 years, the American Alliance of Museums will be updating the standards for its member institutions, adding new required goals on diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion.

**  Wreck of Shackleton’s ‘Endurance’ May ‘Decay Out of Existence’
Logistics aside, any plan to bring the vessel to the surface would require deciding which museum would take possession of it, as well as how best to conserve it.

**  Military museum owner gets shock of his life over visitor donation
He was just going to leave it as a donation for the museum, but we got yapping and he opened the metal ammunition box to reveal what’s known as an 18 pounder shell, and my heart jumped in my chest.
🧑‍🤝‍🧑 ARE YOU ONE OF THE 4,747?
Our Community on the LinkedIn Platform - Join the Global Museum Social Network – Meet & Make Friends, Share Photos & Videos, Blog, Use the Forum.
Become one of our first 5,000 members.  Join Today at http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Globalmuseum-3968927

**  Activists throw soup at Van Gogh’s Sunflowers
There were gasps, roars and a shout of “Oh my gosh!” in room 43 of the gallery as two young supporters of the climate protest group threw the liquid over the painting, which is protected by glass.

**  Museum commits copyright infringement – how much compensation must be paid?
The museum had copied the films and made them available to the public in various ways, including by digitising them and making them available for free over the Internet.

**  The Deadly Business of the Dutch Quest for Salt
Did you know that sitting in your kitchen right now is a mineral that was once so precious to the 17th-century Dutch that battles were fought over it, lives were lost for it, and an economy depended on it?

**  Doctors in Brussels Can Now Prescribe Museum Visits For Mental Health
Recent studies have shown that art and culture opportunities can boost our mental health—including lowering our anxiety and depression and even improving our critical thinking skills.
Become a Facebook Follower - Join 2,677 of us who Like Global Museum on Facebook -  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Global-Museum/129179522574?
**  In Qatar, a Museum Looks Back at the Breadth of Islam
As the world’s attention shifts to present-day Qatar for the World Cup in late November, the country’s pre-eminent museum is hoping to direct interest to the region’s past.

**  Shaping the future of the past through technology
Museums have always faced the challenge of attracting more visitors without resorting to gimmicks that could undermine the cultural or educational value of what is being shown.

**  International Mountain Museum in Pokhara, Nepal
Mountain climbing, trekking, skiing, animal hunting and research, social, cultural and religious activities on the mountain, origin of world’s mountain ranges, geographical importance, wildlife, vegetation and minerals have been put on display.

**  Discovery Museum Builds Toward Carbon Neutrality
There are a number of models that can estimate greenhouse gas emissions based on energy usage or miles driven; their goal was to find one that was relatively simple to use and easily available to them.
Follow Us On Twitter - http://twitter.com/globalmuseum
224K Museum News Tweets from around the Globe, 4,781 Followers worldwide and growing

**  Why Isn’t the Most British of Masks in the Most British of Museums?
Through its use in pop culture and protest, the Guy Fawkes mask has become a global anti-establishment symbol; it’s been cleverly co-opted by hacking activists Anonymous and the sprawling Occupy movement, and has been worn by protestors of wildly different ideologies.

**  Florence’s Uffizi Museum Sues Jean Paul Gaultier for Using a Botticelli Image in Clothing
The Renaissance Botticelli painting, housed in Florence’s 257-year-old Uffizi, adorns shirts, skirts, dresses and pants within a Jean Paul Gaultier collection called ‘Le Musee.’

**  British Museum urged to raise human rights abuses as Egypt show opens
Human rights campaigners have urged the British Museum to back calls for the release of political prisoners in Egypt as its blockbuster hieroglyphs exhibition opens.

**  Ukrainian art museum to preserve art and cultural heritage through NFT auction
Art without Borders includes 15 pieces of art from the museum’s collection, with proceeds going to finance the museum and “save the cultural heritage of Ukraine,” as stated by the official announcement.
📌 Pin Us on Pinterest. Global Museum's Pinterest Boards - Enjoy!
2.6K Pins, 2.7K Followers -  http://pinterest.com/globalmuseum/museums/

**  'Rarest ever' mosaic depicting the Trojan War is found in Syria
Remarkably intact artwork that was created 1,600 years ago shows colourful images of Ancient Greek soldiers and Amazons who fought in the epic battle.

**  Astonishing dinosaur mummy has 'glittering' skin that was punctured and ripped by ancient crocs
Around 67 million years ago in what is now North Dakota, a duck-billed dinosaur keeled over and died, and crocodiles' ancient relatives descended on the carcass, tearing holes through the skin and marking up the bones.

**  Nude That Artemisia Gentileschi Painted for Michelangelo's House Was Covered Up Because It Was Too Racy
“Artemisia Unveiled” is the first step of a multistage refurbishment project at Casa Buonarroti planned for 2023.

**  Hilma af Klint: Swedish mystic hailed as the true pioneer of abstract art
Almost 80 years after her death, a biography will be published this month, Tate Modern plans a 2023 exhibition, and she is the subject of a film, as she is finally recognised as a visionary artist.
🧑‍🤝‍🧑 Follow Global Museum on Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/globalmuseum6/

🧑‍🤝‍🧑 Global Museum is on TikTok: Follow us here - https://www.tiktok.com/@globalmuseum

**  Nine unmissable objects from Clontarf 1014
Discover the stories behind these nine unique archaeological artefacts from the Clontarf 1014 exhibition at the National Museum of Ireland - Archaeology

**  AIM Conference 2023 - session call out
Can you help? We're looking for ideas and contributions to our breakout sessions for next year’s AIM Conference in Edinburgh.

**  Vermeer’s Secrets revealed
National Gallery Of Art

**  Bumbling American Tourist Visiting Vatican Accidentally Breaks Pope
Frantically rushing to collect the scattered pieces of the valuable Catholic relic, bumbling American tourist Dale Humphries was reportedly visiting the Vatican Monday when he accidentally broke the pope

🎁 GLOBAL MUSEUM STORE’S GIFTS & GEAR 🎁
Discounted Gifts & All Sorts of Gear In The Global Museum Store – http://www.zazzle.com/GlobalMuseum
Museum T-Shirts, Museum Cards, Museum Archival Prints, Museum Mugs & More …
You Name It, We’ve Got it, You Can Buy It…. For Yourself, Or For The Museum Shop!
All the latest Museum News, Views & Vacancies plus Bookshop, Museum Store, Resume Postings, Museum Studies Listing & More.
Global Museum - since 1998 www.globalmuseum.org