Online Course Exhibit Fundamentals: Ideas to Installation Begins October 5, 2020

MS 106: Exhibit Fundamentals:  Ideas to Installation
October 5 to November 13, 2020
Instructor:  Karin Hostetter
Location: http://museumclasses.org

Nearly every museum develops exhibits, but how can we improve communication with visitors while taking care of our objects? Exhibit Fundamentals explores exhibits from idea to final installation in a variety of settings. Topics include exhibit theory, the role of the museum's mission, creating a timeline, accessibility and script writing. Also covered are design elements, installation techniques, object safety and security, visitor safety and evaluations. Each student develops an exhibit plan for his or her museum.
For more information or to sign up: https://www.collectioncare.org/exhibit-fundamentals-ideas-installation-line-course

Feel free to contact me with questions

Peggy Schaller
Northern States Conservation Center