This load of garbage was posted in a historic archaeology social media
group.  As professionals in the museum field, we need to keep an eye out
for bad apples causing problems like this and nip them in the bud. We are
long past the point where we can "just ignore it and it will go away."

*" I live in Williamsburg VA. Known as the Historic Triangle set between
Yorktown, Colonial Williamsburg, and Jamestown.*

*They are vandalizing the Yorktown Battlefields (Revolutionary War) and
trying to defund and get rid of Colonial Williamsburg.*

*They are destroying all the historic sites for Christopher Newport which
predates American Slavery.They are destroying everything from historical
houses, markers, graveyards, and even earthworks.Luckily, Jamestown is too
far out to really mess with but they have also had graffiti spray painted
all over.Don’t pretend its just about statues and the confederacy. The
idiots doing it have no concept of history and cant tell the difference
between the different time stages, wars, or people.In the media all you see
is the removal of a statue. Its much different when you live in the area
they are completely trampling just because they want to destroy anything
they can."*

--
*Michelle Zupan*
Curator

Visit us at www.hickory-hill.org or on Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/hickoryhillmuseum>.
Follow us on Twitter: HHEducation

Historic homes of the Watson-Brown Foundation, Inc
<http://www.watson-brown.org>.