**Please excuse cross postings**

My friends at IS&T asked me to pass this along.

Learn about the Smithsonian's initiative to “Reach 1 billion people a year with a digital-first strategy” during the Archiving 2020 conference. Effie Kapsalis, senior digital program officer in the Smithsonian Provost Office, leads digital strategy for the American Women’s History Initiative (AWHI), which seeks to amplify women's voices to honor the past, inform the present and inspire the future. During her keynote, Mind the Gap: Shifting the Gender Balance Online with Cultural Collections, Kapsalis will highlight the tools and resources the Smithsonian deploys to rapidly increase representation across its diverse digital ecosystem. Join Effie and others working to narrow gaps in representation across digital collections by showcasing your research or work on hashtag#culturalheritage hashtag#digital hashtag#preservation hashtag#archiving hashtag#conservation hashtag#digitization and more at Archiving 2020. Learn more at http://bit.ly/Arch2020_CFP Archiving 2020 | May 18-21, 2020 | National Archives, Washington, DC http://bit.ly/Arch2020 Follow us on Twitter & LinkedIn for hashtag#Archiving2020 for updates​

-Doug

Douglas Nishimura

Image Permanence Institute

Rochester Institute of Technology