The Heritage Interpretation Training Center

Interpretive Exhibit Planning/Evaluation and Text Development Courses

The Heritage Interpretation Training Center offers several college level courses on interpretive exhibit planning and design courses.  You can start the course at any time and complete the course at your own pace.  You can also use the courses to work on actual exhibit courses you might be (or soon to be) working on. Our courses also award CEU units, and offer a “live” course instructor you can chat with or SKYPE with when you need to.

Just click on the link to each course to visit that courses web site page for detailed course content registration details.

The Interpretive Exhibit Planners Tool Box e-LIVE course - 11 Units and 2 CEU Credits. $200.00 - http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_exhibits_course.html

Our basic course to help walk you through a new or existing exhibit project – from themes and objectives, to visitor considerations, individual exhibit planning, using Interpretive Principles (Provoke, Relate and Reveal) to interpretive text writing to pre-post test evaluation.

Exhibit rehab - breathing new life into old, outdated, and just plain boring exhibits and exhibit galleries. Course tuition: $200.00 - 2 CEU unit credits.
http://www.heritageinterp.com/exhibit_rehab_course.html

Most organizations simply can’t afford to build new exhibits, and many time existing exhibits just need a “face lift” to be more effective in interpreting the gallery theme and objectives and creating better label copy.  We’ll help you evaluate your current exhibits and help you update them and make them more visitor friendly.

An Interpreters guide for evaluating Interpretive Exhibits. Thirteen Units - 2 CEU Credits,
$200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_exhibits_evaluation.html

Do your exhibits actually accomplish their interpretive objectives and illustrate your main theme?  Do your exhibits not only accomplish nothing but can create “negative learning”.  Measure twice and cut once.  This course will help you produce or rehab exhibits that are more effective in accomplishing your objectives and eliminate neutral or negative learning exhibit outcomes.

Interpretive Writing e-LIVE Course - 8 Units and 2 CEU Credits $200.00
http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_writing_course.html

Does your interpretive exhibit labels (text) talk “at your visitors” or “to your visitors”?  Does your text focus on using interpretive principles and use “intangibles” as a way to relate your story or artifact stories to your visitors?  This course help you write “inspirational” text with a goal that visitors will “remember” your theme, mission and stories.  A copy of our new text book “The Interpretive Writers Handbook” will be given as the main textbook for the course.

The HITC offers 44 introductory and advanced courses in heritage interpretation, from Interpretive Master Planning, to Training for Interpretive trainers.  Check out our course catalog:

http://www.heritageinterp.com/interpretive_training_center_course_catalogue_.html

We also do live course training at your site for your total staff.  Ask for details.

John Veverka

HITC Director

www.heritageinterp.com